Standards play a critical role in any reliable workflow. They help maintain quality, improve safety and, when followed properly, they can even provide a competitive advantage for organizations. Continuous training is required to keep all stakeholders and processes up-to-date.
ASTM International has been involved in providing laboratory inspections, proficiency testing programs, and test procedure development for the cement and concrete industry since 1929. These programs have been instrumental in ensuring the quality of laboratory testing as well as the quality of these materials used in construction all over the world.
Following from the sucess of 2015, ASTM & Kuwait Cement Company (KCC) launhces the second Cement Conference and Workshop in Kuwait, under the patronage of the Ministry of Public Works & Public Authority For Housing Welfare and endorsed by the Public Authority of Industry & the Ministry of Defence.
This event is organized by Kuwait Cement Company (KCC), in partnership and cooperation with American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and with Sesam Business Consultants, UAE.
To support standards and to understand them, ASTM offers a free (by invitation only), two day training on testing standards and quality control for the cement and concrete industry in Kuwait.
Upon completion of the Conference & Workshop each participant shall receive a ASTM Technical Training and E-Learning Certificate (CEUs:1.4).
Upon completion of this training course, the participant will:
- Understand the reasons for conducting each ASTM International test procedure
- Define terminology pertinent to each test procedure
- Identify necessary equipment for each test procedure
- Understand the sampling procedures for each test procedure
- Understand limitations of each test procedure
- Witness demonstrations (videos) of each ASTM International test procedure
Participation in this training course can lead to:
- Improved quality of testing in concrete construction
- Decrease in construction delays
- Awareness of where concrete failures originate
- Improved quality of construction materials
- Extended service lives of concrete structures
- Ensured construction practices that can be compared within the Middle East region to other global markets
Who Should Attend:
- Government Agencies
- Laboratory Technicians
- Cement & Concrete Professionals
- Civil & Engineering Consultants
- Consulting Engineers